The safety and well-being of our membership, customers, and employees is of utmost importance.
Due to the rising health concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask all members and customers to do business with us by phone, e-mail, or online chat. Many technical problems can be resolved without having to send out a technician and you can pay your bill through several different methods without having to come in person.
Our office lobbies and Bemidji Drive Thru are closed until further notice.
The Apple Service Center is also closed until further notice. For Apple service or computer repair, please call (218) 444-4936 or 1-800-My-Apple.
We will continue to offer emergency repair 24/7 which can be reached at (218) 444-1234, (218) 999-1234, or 1-888-586-3100.
While we have and always will strive to provide the in-person local customer service you deserve, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health recommend social distancing to help stop the spread of this new, highly contagious virus.
Our cooperative has also taken the FCC Keep Americans Connected Pledge. We pledge for the next 60 days to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic
- work with schools and libraries on remote learning opportunities
- We have reached out to the school districts in our service territory to see how we can help facilitate their new distance learning initiatives and obligations
- prioritize the connectivity needs of hospitals and healthcare providers
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommended practices as outlined by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health, adjusting our course as needed based on their recommendations.
As we monitor the situation we also may need to consider limiting technician visits to customer locations based on what is considered “necessity”.
Steps we’ve taken to protect our employees, members, and customers:
- Out of an abundance of caution for the safety and well-being of our members and employees, the cooperative has initiated a pause on all travel through April 30, 2020 except in special circumstances.
- Employees who travel by air are required to stay out of the office for 14 calendar days upon their return until further notice.
- Where feasible, employees whose job does not require customer facing interaction will be set up to work from home.
- We are committed to working with employees at increased risk for contracting COVID-19 to make reasonable accommodations with regard to work arrangements.
- We’ve developed a contingency plan should an employee contract COVID-19, where we will take all necessary preventative matters to isolate and minimize risk of spread.
- We have shared best practices for minimizing risk of infection with employees and directed them to helpful resources.
While we enjoy visiting with you in person, your safety, along with our employees’ safety, is our utmost priority.
Thank you for your understanding. We are committed to you.