The Paul Bunyan Net E-mail Filter offers e-mail spam and virus protection. This service is enabled automatically for all Paul Bunyan Net customers with an @paulbunyan.net address. Web Hosting customers who have their own domain name and are interested in this service can contact us to have it enabled.
- By default, This service should work "as is" for most people. The service is setup to quarantine most spam and send a daily report of the messages it quarantined.
- Messages identified to have a virus will be blocked and will not show up in the report. Please note: E-mail filters cannot protect against all viruses (especially viruses that do not propagate through e-mail), so please do not disable your existing virus protection.
- If you see a message on your e-mailed Quarantine Report that should not be quarantined, just whitelist it. Click "whitelist" next to the message in the report and messages from that e-mail address will not be quarantined in the future.
- It is not necessary to do anything else. The quarantined messages in the report do not count against your e-mail box space and will be automatically deleted after 14 days. You can save or delete the quarantine reports after you have looked at them.
Some people may want to manage multiple messages at a time, change some of the filter settings or other preferences, update or change their e-mail filter password, change the frequency of the e-mailed quarantine report or turn the service completely off. To do this, just click the "click here" link on the bottom of your daily e-mailed quarantine report to or use the "E-mail Filter Login" below.
- E-mail Filter Login Enter your e-mail address and password on this page to change your settings and manage your filtered e-mail. If you forgot your password, just enter your e-mail address and click the "Create New Password" button. A new password will be sent to you.
- Printable E-Mail Filter Instructions with Screenshots Detailed information about how the system works, definitions of some of the terminology and instructions on how to manually changes your settings.
Explanation of the Options in the E-mailed Quarantine Summary
- Deliver: sends that individual message to your mailbox, but messages from that e-mail address may still be quarantined in the future.
- Whitelist: sends that message to your mailbox and allows all e-mail from that e-mail address to be sent through to you in the future unless it is infected with a virus or a suspicious attachment.
- Delete: the message will be removed from quarantine and reported as spam. However, you can also just leave the list of messages considered "spam" and they will be automatically removed after 14 day